PACE OF PLAY
Suggestions to Ensure Pace of Play:
- Be ready on the tee when the group ahead of you is in the fairway.
- Be ready to hit when the group ahead moves to the next shot.
- You must keep up with the group ahead of you NOT “stay ahead of the group behind you”.
- If you are behind the group in front by one hole, you must let the group behind play through.
- “Ready play” is always in effect – the first player ready, tees off.
- Always carry an extra ball.
- When on the fairway, plan your shot before you are over the ball. Walk directly to your ball.
- Cart players should drop off the first player with their choice of clubs and then proceed to her ball (when safe to do so). Hit when ready…no “honours”.
- Use the “one club in, one club out” rule. When returning to your cart, get in and ride to the next shot before putting away your club…then take out the next club to your next shot.
- Limit your pre-shot routine to one practice swing & never take a divot with your practice swing
- If carts are required to stay on the cart path, take several clubs with you (include a wedge & putter). Your partner then moves the cart forward.
- Watch as other team members hit to avoid looking for golf balls.
- Do not take more than 5 minutes looking for a lost ball.
- When around the green, park all carts beside the green (on the way to the next tee). Do not park carts in front of the green.
- Prepare to putt before it’s your turn. Whenever possible, continue putting until holed out.
- First player in the hole, pick up flag.
- Move off the green quickly & continue to the next hole before recording your scores.